Jobs and Trading Post
If you would like to list your details or job vacancy on our website, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a job listing service only, and we cannot guarantee the suitability of job seekers or job vacancies.
Job seekers from overseas must be aware of the New Zealand Government’s immigration requirements.
Promotions and Partnerships Coordinator NZPork
Are you passionate about New Zealand-made products, local farming and the country’s multi-faceted food sector? And do you have the skills to build, maintain and strengthen professional partnerships by collaborating with members of an exciting and fast-paced industry?
NZPork – the statutory industry board that works to support New Zealand’s commercial pig farmers – is on the hunt for a hard-working, eager to learn and talented Promotions and Partnerships Coordinator to join our head office team in Christchurch.
The successful candidate will join our small but highly skilled Christchurch team to administer and coordinate NZPork’s promotion of New Zealand born and raised pork, bacon and ham products, working collaboratively with key industry partners – including leading representatives of the local retail and wholesale sector.
This role will involve:
- Building and maintaining partnerships with key retail stores, wholesalers and food service suppliers.
- Working with the wider NZPork team to implement marketing campaigns across print and digital media.
- Providing content from promotions and events for our industry newsletters, NZPork website and social media channels.
- Providing training to retail partners on the New Zealand Pork Trustmark and value of the PigCare™ programme.
A bit about you:
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a keen self-starter, well organised and have the ability to take initiative. The ability to work unsupervised is also essential, as is the flexibility to travel regularly within New Zealand.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and at least 2 years’ experience in a promotions and/or marketing role is desirable – however an appreciation for the New Zealand farming industry, and locally born and raised food will also be taken into consideration.
If this sounds like you, or you want to find out more about this role, please contact NZPork on (03) 357 1407 or by emailing email@example.com. A full job description is also available here.
Applications close on Friday 5th October at 5pm.
Part time Farm Assistant – Freshpork farm Burnham, Christchurch (Part time and fixed term to February/March 2019)
Freshpork’s farm near Burnham runs growing pigs, sheep, beef cattle and overwinters dairy cows. All our animals are cared for under strict animal welfare requirements and good farming practices. This is a Monday to Friday job normally covering 9.00 am – 2.00 pm and working part days on alternative weekends.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Daily observance of the pigs to ensure their provision of feed, warmth & wellbeing
- Stock work including load in and out
- Facility cleaning
- General farm work
You will need:
- To be honest, reliable, responsible & respectful
- To enjoy working with farm animals
- To work well independently and with the Farm Manager
- A good attitude and can use your own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A strong regard for Health and Safety and animal welfare
What you can expect:
- Training in the role
- Be part of a greater family business and team
- Good pay and additional benefits
To apply you will need a clean, current drivers licence, be eligible to work in New Zealand and pass a pre employment medical, including drug and alcohol test.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter through to Ian McIntosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions please call Ian (0275 357728 or Josh 027 298 4149)
Applications close: 31 August 2018
Waratah Farms Limited seeks a genuine hard-working staff member to join our dedicated team.
Depending on the applicants’ experience will determine salary and department to work in.
Hours required, Monday to Friday, 7.30 to 16.00 with every 3rd weekend rostered on.
New Zealand resident or valid work permit is a requirement.
Accommodation is a possibility.
Please forward your CV with a letter of application to email@example.com
Senior Stockperson – Piggery Breeding Unit
Ratanui Development Co. Ltd is an integrated farming unit, breeding and finishing pigs alongside lamb and beef finishing and cropping. The farm is high performing – always striving to exceed output targets through strong strategy, good governance and great teamwork.
We are seeking a Senior Stockperson to join the team in our piggery breeding unit, working with our breeding sows and new piglets. This full time, permanent position would suit someone with previous livestock experience. Pork industry or other relevant qualifications are preferred, as is qualifications or experience working with machinery.
- Working alongside the Breeding Unit Manager to set and meet breeding and farrowing targets, and to maintain herd welfare and productivity
- Assist the team with the day to day running of the breeding unit piggery – including farrowing, weaning, mating and dry sow management.
- Working within a successful, motivated team on rostered shifts, including some weekend work and sole charge at times.
- Maintaining high standards of animal welfare, environmental stewardship and a proactive attitude to H&S.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as ongoing training and career development opportunities. Ratanui is committed to providing a safe workplace practicing excellent animal husbandry. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug test and police background check.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand, including holding NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or would like a copy of the job description for this position.
Applications close 30 June 2018.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter in the first instance.
Outdoor Pig Stock Person
Who are we:
We are a larger scale outdoor pig farm in Te Pirita (Central Canterbury) supplying top quality, free farmed pork to NZ dinner plates.
We are looking for a conscientious stock person to join our dedicated team.
For this job you will require:
- Sound animal husbandry skills and stockmanship to provide our pigs with a high level of welfare.
- Experience in operating and looking after modern farm machinery
- A desire to learn and contribute cheerfully
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside a great team of people
- A job with a variety of tasks that engage your brain and your body
- We strongly encourage staff to increase their knowledge and skills through Primary ITO courses
- Fair hours of work
To learn more about our farm: https://youtu.be/L15xPTu9MKg
Please contact us via: email@example.com
Wanted Senior Stockperson
Piggery situated in Pukekohe seeks a hard working team member to join our crew.
Working Monday to Friday and every fourth weekend.
Good working conditions and good rate of pay.
Must have NZ Residence or valid work permit.
Please forward a letter of application along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ad listed: 2nd March 2018
Registered pork producers can post items to buy, sell or exchange. Please contact us for further information. This is a free service to registered pork producers.
If you are not a producer, but would like to advertise, please contact us.