Jobs and Trading Post
If you would like to list your details or job vacancy on our website, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a job listing service only, and we cannot guarantee the suitability of job seekers or job vacancies.
Job seekers from overseas must be aware of the New Zealand Government’s immigration requirements.
Senior Environment Advisor
NZPork, 0.5 FTE
- Join a small but highly skilled team
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your career
- Dynamic and challenging role
- Flexible work hours
An awesome opportunity for a qualified and experienced Environmental Advisor to join NZPork. NZPork is the statutory industry board that works to support New Zealand’s commercial pig farmers. We ensure that the interests of the industry are represented where environmental issues or regulations are concerned. We do this by:
- Preserving the right to farm
- Maintaining leadership and environmental stewardship
- Reducing the cost of compliance
Each of our farming styles face different challenges, and we work to ensure our farmers understand compliance requirements regarding nutrient management, water quality, climate change, effluent systems and waste management.
As the sole Environmental Advisor reporting directly to the General Manager, NZPork you will:
- Be responsible for keeping up to date with national laws, regional plans and city/district plans and associated compliance requirements relevant to pig farming.
- Delivery of submissions to central government, regional and district/city councils
- Liaise with other industry experts to develop resources for our farmers
- Participate in a number of national and regional environmental groups
- Provide leadership as well as practical advice
- Communicate regularly with our farmers
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a tertiary level environmental or planning qualification coupled with practical experience.
- A minimum of five to eight years’ experience
- An appreciation for the New Zealand farming industry
- Flexible work hours, 0.5FTE, 20 hours a week
- A competitive salary
- A modern office with free carparking
If this sounds like you, or you want to find out more about this role, please contact NZPork on (03) 357 1407 or by emailing email@example.com. A full job description is also available here.
Applications close on Friday 22 March 2019 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
($27+ per hour)
Vacancy # 004
Freshpork is passionate about producing quality New Zealand pork products. We have been delivering 100% New Zealand pork to Kiwis for over 25 years and are the country’s leading pork specialist. From modest beginnings in the early nineties, our family owned business now has a nationwide presence and over 200 staff across six sites.
Our Timaru abattoir facility, Freshpork Bay City, is New Zealand’s largest pork abattoir.
Due to company growth, we are looking for someone to join our Carcass Grading team.
As one of our pork graders you will contribute to daily slaughter planning and be responsible for assessing carcasses. Criteria for grading include weight, sex, fat depth and carcass quality to determine the carcass destination. Graded carcasses are tagged to ensure identification and full traceability – for this reason an eye for detail is a must.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong accuracy with numbers and details
- Be computer literate – in MS Office, especially excel
- Have the ability to plan ahead
- Flexibility to respond to production requirements
- Need to be physically fit
Starting at 4:30am, working 3 days a week, there are options around days of work. This is a full time position. The team covers Sunday to Friday.
- Good pay ($27+ per hour)
- Training and development opportunities
- A roster to suit your lifestyle
- Full time employment (we’re not seasonal)
- Other benefits
All applicants need to be eligible to work in New Zealand and to pass a pre employment medical, including drug and alcohol test.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the relevant vacancy number and job title in the subject line.
Production Manager, Rob Lindsay on 03 687 7700. Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
Piggery General Farmhand
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to work with our piggery team.
The piggery is located approx. 10 minutes from Foxton and 20 minutes from Palmerston North.
This position is fulltime and the role is general farmhand. Primary duties involve mixing the feed meals and assisting the piggery manager with the day to day maintenance activities.
This position has opened up due to a long standing staff member retiring and has an immediate start.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Seeking Farrowing And Weaner Stock Manager
Stanley Bros Piggery is a modern 400 Sow Farrow to Finish Piggery situated 3km north of Opunake, Taranaki.
We are seeking to employ a full time person who can help manage our farrowing and weaner unit.
This position would suit a person who has an eye for detail and likes working with piglets and young weaned pigs.
Further Primary ITO Training is available.
For further details:
Please email CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Leon: 0272729177
Waratah Farms Limited requires a Senior Stockperson to assist in our Pig Farming Operation.
We are 10 minutes from Otorohanga and 20 minutes from Te Awamutu.
Primary ITO training provided. Must be physically fit. Teamwork and reliability is essential. Roster requires working every 3rd weekend. Hours of work are 7.30 am to 4.00 pm.
Please send CV and covering letter to;
1035 Ormsby Road
Waratah Farms Limited seeks a genuine hard-working staff member to join our dedicated team.
Depending on the applicants’ experience will determine salary and department to work in.
Hours required, Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 4.00 pm with every 3rd weekend rostered on.
New Zealand resident or valid work permit is a requirement.
Accommodation is a possibility.
Please forward your CV with a letter of application to email@example.com
Senior Stockperson – Piggery Breeding Unit
Ratanui Development Co. Ltd is an integrated farming unit, breeding and finishing pigs alongside lamb and beef finishing and cropping. The farm is high performing – always striving to exceed output targets through strong strategy, good governance and great teamwork.
We are seeking a Senior Stockperson to join the team in our piggery breeding unit, working with our breeding sows and new piglets. This full time, permanent position would suit someone with previous livestock experience. Pork industry or other relevant qualifications are preferred, as is qualifications or experience working with machinery.
- Working alongside the Breeding Unit Manager to set and meet breeding and farrowing targets, and to maintain herd welfare and productivity
- Assist the team with the day to day running of the breeding unit piggery – including farrowing, weaning, mating and dry sow management.
- Working within a successful, motivated team on rostered shifts, including some weekend work and sole charge at times.
- Maintaining high standards of animal welfare, environmental stewardship and a proactive attitude to H&S.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as ongoing training and career development opportunities. Ratanui is committed to providing a safe workplace practicing excellent animal husbandry. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug test and police background check.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand, including holding NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or would like a copy of the job description for this position.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter in the first instance.
Registered pork producers can post items to buy, sell or exchange. Please contact us for further information. This is a free service to registered pork producers.
If you are not a producer, but would like to advertise, please contact us.