Jobs and Trading Post
If you would like to list your details or job vacancy on our website, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a job listing service only, and we cannot guarantee the suitability of job seekers or job vacancies.
Job seekers from overseas must be aware of the New Zealand Government’s immigration requirements.
Position available on Taranaki Pig Farm
- We are looking for an energetic person to join our team on a 400 Sow farrow to finish unit.
- We would prefer a person with 3 years experience in breeding, farrowing, record keeping and all aspect of animal health for pigs.
- Tractor driving, and machinery skills are also needed.
- The job is located in North Taranaki
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
- Please Email CV to email@example.com
Full time position South Canterbury
Looking for an honest, keen, energetic and motivated person who is physically fit to come and work on our high health, Freedom Farm accredited outdoor sow breeding unit in Albury, South Canterbury.
We have 350 sows which farrow all the year round. Duties will include weaning, AIing, farrowing, feeding, record keeping and all aspects of animal health for pigs. Tractor driving and machinery skills are also required. Other duties will include general farm and cattle work.
The position is fulltime.
The successful applicant must be a team player and work closely with employers and another staff member. Attention to detail and good communication is a must. The position requires 1 early start every 3 weeks.
Good renumeration based on experience with the option of accommodation for the right candidate is offered. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter initially to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time Farm Assistant – Freshpork farm Burnham, Christchurch (Part time and fixed term to February/March 2019)
Freshpork’s farm near Burnham runs growing pigs, sheep, beef cattle and overwinters dairy cows. All our animals are cared for under strict animal welfare requirements and good farming practices. This is a Monday to Friday job normally covering 9.00 am – 2.00 pm and working part days on alternative weekends.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Daily observance of the pigs to ensure their provision of feed, warmth & wellbeing
- Stock work including load in and out
- Facility cleaning
- General farm work
You will need:
- To be honest, reliable, responsible & respectful
- To enjoy working with farm animals
- To work well independently and with the Farm Manager
- A good attitude and can use your own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A strong regard for Health and Safety and animal welfare
What you can expect:
- Training in the role
- Be part of a greater family business and team
- Good pay and additional benefits
To apply you will need a clean, current drivers licence, be eligible to work in New Zealand and pass a pre employment medical, including drug and alcohol test.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter through to Ian McIntosh at: email@example.com
Any questions please call Ian (0275 357728 or Josh 027 298 4149)
Applications close: 31 August 2018
Waratah Farms Limited seeks a genuine hard-working staff member to join our dedicated team.
Depending on the applicants’ experience will determine salary and department to work in.
Hours required, Monday to Friday, 7.30 to 16.00 with every 3rd weekend rostered on.
New Zealand resident or valid work permit is a requirement.
Accommodation is a possibility.
Please forward your CV with a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Stockperson – Piggery Breeding Unit
Ratanui Development Co. Ltd is an integrated farming unit, breeding and finishing pigs alongside lamb and beef finishing and cropping. The farm is high performing – always striving to exceed output targets through strong strategy, good governance and great teamwork.
We are seeking a Senior Stockperson to join the team in our piggery breeding unit, working with our breeding sows and new piglets. This full time, permanent position would suit someone with previous livestock experience. Pork industry or other relevant qualifications are preferred, as is qualifications or experience working with machinery.
- Working alongside the Breeding Unit Manager to set and meet breeding and farrowing targets, and to maintain herd welfare and productivity
- Assist the team with the day to day running of the breeding unit piggery – including farrowing, weaning, mating and dry sow management.
- Working within a successful, motivated team on rostered shifts, including some weekend work and sole charge at times.
- Maintaining high standards of animal welfare, environmental stewardship and a proactive attitude to H&S.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as ongoing training and career development opportunities. Ratanui is committed to providing a safe workplace practicing excellent animal husbandry. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug test and police background check.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand, including holding NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, or would like a copy of the job description for this position.
Applications close 30 June 2018.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter in the first instance.
Outdoor Pig Stock Person
Who are we:
We are a larger scale outdoor pig farm in Te Pirita (Central Canterbury) supplying top quality, free farmed pork to NZ dinner plates.
We are looking for a conscientious stock person to join our dedicated team.
For this job you will require:
- Sound animal husbandry skills and stockmanship to provide our pigs with a high level of welfare.
- Experience in operating and looking after modern farm machinery
- A desire to learn and contribute cheerfully
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside a great team of people
- A job with a variety of tasks that engage your brain and your body
- We strongly encourage staff to increase their knowledge and skills through Primary ITO courses
- Fair hours of work
To learn more about our farm: https://youtu.be/L15xPTu9MKg
Please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted Senior Stockperson
Piggery situated in Pukekohe seeks a hard working team member to join our crew.
Working Monday to Friday and every fourth weekend.
Good working conditions and good rate of pay.
Must have NZ Residence or valid work permit.
Please forward a letter of application along with your CV to email@example.com.
Ad listed: 2nd March 2018
Registered pork producers can post items to buy, sell or exchange. Please contact us for further information. This is a free service to registered pork producers.
If you are not a producer, but would like to advertise, please contact us.