New Zealand Pork (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, visit privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We collect personal information about you from:
• you, when you provide your personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
• third parties (such as Facebook or StatsNZ) where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We will use your personal information:
• to verify your identity
• to provide services to you and personalise the way our content is presented to you
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
• to improve the services we provide to you
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
• to use IP addresses to identify the location of users and block disruptive users
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may disclose your personal information to:
• any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
• any business that manages, supports and maintains our social media activity and marketing campaigns
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency like the police)
• any other person authorised by you.
We hold personal information in accordance with Privacy Laws. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction.
If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Our website contains links to other sites and you should consult the other sites’ privacy notices where possible. Their information practices may be different to ours, and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites. Your use of third party websites is at your own risk.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on our website or social media pages, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Please note, we may use other automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website. We use these tools to improve our website’s performance and user experience.
If you have provided us with your email address, relevant offers, recipes and other information may be emailed to you. You can opt out of receiving our emails by selecting unsubscribe on any of the emails you receive.