Redstone Piggeries is a well-established and high performing breeding and finishing unit running 450 sows outdoors with conventional finishing facilities near Rolleston.
We are seeking a manager to run our breeding unit. This is a fulltime position and would require that the applicant has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in all aspects of pig farming, hold qualifications to Bachelor Degree and have a proven management capability.
· Managing all aspects of Breeder Unit
· Overseeing farrowing and AI mating
· Comprehensive record keeping
· Competent at running Elite Herd software programme
· Prepare and report on production targets
· Manage and supervise Breeding Herd staff
· Maintain high standards of Welfare, Environmental management and be pro active with farm Health and Safety
We offer a competitive salary package as well as encouraging further qualifications and career development opportunities. Screening of applicants may include police check and drug testing.
Applicants must be a NZ Residency or a valid NZ work Visa.
Please apply with current CV and cover letter to Chris Trengrove