An opportunity has arisen for a position within our piggery based in Hawkes Bay.
We are looking for a full time Pig Farm Manager.
The position runs Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, and every alternate weekend 8am-12pm.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicating with farm owner and other employees
- Complying with all health and safety requirements
- Using and maintaining farm machinery: 2 & 4wheeler motorbikes, vehicles and tractors
- Control hygiene standards in the piggery
- Maintaining clean yards, stalls and shed surrounds
- Feeding the pigs as per requirements
- Planning the feed budget
- Selecting animals for sale/breeding/slaughter
- Handling animals in consideration of their health and welfare
- Animal health identification and treatment
- Close monitoring of sows during birthing and mating periods
- Piglet rearing
- Undertaking general farm maintenance
- Managing effluent, using and monitoring the effluent irrigator
Candidates with previous piggery experience are required.
Applicants are required to provide good references as well as a CV with current, correct and complete work history.
All suitable applicants must show a good work ethic, have no previous criminal history, and agree to a pre-employment drug test.
Please send all applications to Lauren at FRENZ Recruitment & Immigration